Monday, July 26, 2010

Typing in Japanese

While progressing along my Japanese language studies, I came to the realization that being able to type in Japanese (hiragana, katakana and kanji) would be very useful, especially if I was wanting to print flashcard fronts instead of handwriting the kana. Thus I started searching for a way to type in Japanese on my computer. A little searching led me to this site, “Waterford School Japanese” and it has this handy word document download that explains how to activate the Japanese language typing function on a Windows computer. It does require some knowledge of kanji to correctly type because it automatically generates the kanji based on the hiragana typed. As several words in Japanese have the same pronunciation but different kanji, the computer could insert the wrong kanji quite easily. So do be careful.

じゃまた (Jamata/See you later)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...